Irving Defensive Driving and Ticket Dismissal
If you recently received a ticket in Irving, Texas, which is located in Dallas County, you have a few options to handle the citation. First, you can plead not guilty and contest the ticket in a court of law. Second, you can plead guilty and pay the fine, adding points to your license; or you may plead guilty, pay the fine, and take a Texas defensive driving course, which prevents points from being added to your license and keeps your insurance from rising.
If you wish to take advantage of this option, you must request it within 21 days of your citation by mail, fax, or in person. You must also complete a Driving Safety Course Affidavit, found here, and pay your administrative fees to the court before you may take the course.
To qualify for the Texas driving safety course, you must:
- Have a valid Texas driver's license
- Have not been cited for speeding 25 mph over the posted limit
- Not have completed a Texas defensive driving course within the last year for ticket dismissal purposes
- Provide proof of financial responsibility or vehicle liability insurance
- Not hold a commercial license
You have 90 days to complete the course successfully. Within those 90 days, you must provide a certificate of completion to the Austin's Texas Department of Public Safety. Then you citation will be dismissed.
Our online Texas defensive driving course is state-approved and lets you complete the course at your schedule. Take our course and get started today!