Bell County Ticket Dismissal and Defensive Driving Requirements
If you received a ticket in Killeen, Salado, Temple, Belton, Troy, or any city in Bell County, it is important to know what steps you need to take now. Sadly, you got a ticket, but, thankfully, we're here to help you out. You have a few options regarding how to resolve your citation:
- You may plead not guilty and take your violation to court
- You may pay the fee and have points added to your license, which will likely increase your car insurance premium. Also, remember that if you receive six points on your Texas driver's license within three years your license will be suspended.
- You may elect to take a Texas defensive driving course, which will keep point from being added to your Texas driver's license, though you still must pay the fee
In order to take defensive driving course, you:
- Provide a written notice to the court before your appearance date
- Have not taken a driver safety course within the last 12 months
- Provide proof of a valid insurance policy on the date and at the time of the citation
- Are not a juvenile offender
To see if your citation qualifies for a defensive driving course, you can search for your citation here.
You must take a state-approved and Texas Department of Licensing and Registration-certified course and the court must receive a certificate of completion within 90 days of the incident.
Our state-approved Texas defense driving course is 100% and built for your convince.