About Our Texas Defensive Driving Course
It's never been easier to dismiss your ticket or save money on your car insurance. Our TDLR-approved Texas Online Defensive Driving course satisfies all court requirements for ticket dismissal. You could even save up to 10% on your auto insurance if your provider offers a defensive driving discount.
The defensive driving course takes just six hours to complete, and many students finish it in one day. Because the course is entirely online, you can take it on your schedule and at your own pace.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Traffic Crashes
- Traffic Safety Problems
- Psychological Factors
- Impaired Drivers
- Crash Dynamics
- Restraints and Brakes
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Crash Prevention Strategies
- And more
How to Register for Your Course
- Click here to start the signup process
- Choose your course option
- Fill out our secure online registration form
- Complete your course
- Get your certificate!
We will begin processing your certificate of completion once you graduate. You will receive your certificate that you can send to the court for traffic ticket dismissal or to your insurance provider for a defensive driving discount (please confirm with your insurance provider, as discounts and policies will vary by provider).
How long is the online defensive driving course?
Our defensive driving course is a total of six hours, the state minimum.
Am I eligible to take online defensive driving?
The general requirements for ticket dismissal in Texas include:
- Possess a valid non-commercial Texas driver license or permit
- You have not had a traffic ticket dismissed within the past 12 months
- You have admitted guilt or signed a statement that you do not contest the citation
- Speeding citations must indicate that the violation was not more than 25 miles per hour over the posted limit