Angelina County Defensive Driving
If you've recently received a ticket in Angelina County, whether in Lufkin, Diboll, Hudson, or another city, you may be able to have it dismissed by taking a defensive driving course (which is also referred to as a driving safety course). Here's what you need to know and how to start the process:
First, make sure you are eligible to have the ticket dismissed. It is up to the Angelina County Court to determine whether you can take a defensive driving course/driver safety course to dismiss the ticket. You must contact the Court to ask if your ticket is eligible for dismissal. If the court approves you to take a course, you are eligible to take our 100% online, easy and simple Texas Defensive Driving course. You must contact the Angelina County Court to request the driving safety course (DSC) option prior to taking a course.
In Angelina County, certain criteria must apply for ticket dismissal eligibility or your request may be voided. The Court shall defer proceedings and allow you 90 days to present evidence that you have successfully completed a driving safety course approved by the Texas Department of Public Safety if:
- You have NOT taken a driving safety course for dismissal of a traffic citation within the last 12 months and submit the sworn affidavit stating so
- You have a valid Texas Driver's license or permit
- You have current automobile insurance
- You do not have a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- You return your Certificate of Completion from the DSC to the Court within 90 days from the date the Angelina County Court approves your request to take a DSC.
You are NOT eligible to take a DSC if you were charged with any of these offenses:
- Speeding 25 MPH or more over the posted speed limit
- Driving at a speed of 95 miles per hour or higher
- Passing a school bus
- Moving violation in construction zone with workers present
- Hit and run (Leaving the scene of an accident with damage to a vehicle)
- Fleeing (Failure to give info/render aid)
If the Angelina County Court grants you the option to take a DSC, you must provide the Court, on or before your appearance date, with:
- Enter a plea of Nolo contendre (No contest) or Guilty
- Copy of your Driver's License
- Current proof of insurance
- Sworn affidavit (stating you have not taken a DSC in last 12 months)
- Payment in the amount of $110.00
Failure to provide the Court with any or all of the above requirements will result in additional fines and fees, and a warrant may be issued. More information about the requirements for ticket dismissal via a driving safety course in Angelina County can be found here on their website.
Second, register for our Texas Defensive Driving course. Make sure it is the person who got the traffic ticket that registers, not another family member or friend, as this will also be the name on the Certificate of Completion.
Third, order your Certified Texas Driving Record, which all Texas courts will require in addition to your Certificate of Completion.
Once you've registered, you can begin the Texas Defensive Driving course. Log in and out as much as you like, the test will pick back up where you left off, however the course must be completed within three months of registering. The course is user-friendly and section quizzes can be taken multiple times. The American Safety Council also provides 24/7 customer assistance via live chat and email.
After you've completed the easy and painless course, we will process your Certificate of Completion the same day. The certificate will be mailed to the address you supplied at login, so it is very important that you provide a valid address. Failure to do so can result in your ticket not getting dismissed, even if you have completed the course.