Dismiss your ticket the easy way. Our TDLR-approved Texas Online Defensive Driving course satisfies all court requirements and takes just six hours. Many students finish in one day, but because it's online, you can take it on your schedule, at your pace.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Traffic Crashes
- Traffic Safety Problems
- Psychological Factors
- Impaired Drivers
- Crash Dynamics
- Restraints and Brakes
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Crash Prevention Strategies
- And more
Texas Defensive Driving in 3 Easy Steps!
- Register using our quick and secure online registration form
- Complete 5 hours of easy online course material†
- Get your certificate!
The digital certificate will be available for download in your account within 7 days of graduation. Expedited mailed options are also available during checkout. Once you have your certificate and driving record, you can submit them to the court for traffic ticket dismissal. You may also get a 1–10% insurance discount for 3 years, depending on your provider.
† Online defensive driving consists of 5 hours of course material and 1 hour of total break time.
How long is the online defensive driving course?
Our defensive driving course is a total of six hours, the state minimum.
Am I eligible to take online defensive driving?
This course is eligible for ticket dismissal benefits pursuant to Texas court requirements. The general requirements for ticket dismissal in the state of Texas are as follows:
- Possess a valid non-commercial Texas driver license or permit
- Have not dismissed a traffic ticket within the past 12 months
- Have admitted guilt or sign a statement that you do not contest the citation
- If your ticket was for speeding, it must indicate that the violation was not more than 25 miles-per-hour over the posted limit