Walker County Defensive Driving
If you've recently received a ticket in Walker County, whether in Huntsville, New Waverly, or another city, you may be able to have it dismissed by taking a defensive driving course (which is also referred to as a driving safety course). Here's what you need to know and how to start the process:
First, make sure you are eligible to have the ticket dismissed. It is up to the Walker County Court to determine whether you can take a defensive driving course/driver safety course to dismiss the ticket. You must contact the Court to ask if your ticket is eligible for dismissal. If the court approves you to take a course, you are eligible to take our 100% online, easy and simple Texas Defensive Driving course.
The Walker County Court requires certain criteria to be met for a ticket to be eligible for dismissal via a driver safety course (DSC). If you were charged with a moving violation, not exceeding 24 miles or more over the posted speed limit at the time of the offense you may be eligible to take a driving safety course. However, you will lose that right if you do not provide written request the Court. The written notice must be post marked no later than your appearance date. Do not take a driving safety course until you have received permission from the Court. The driver safety course is not an option for anyone with a Commercial Driver's License.
Eligibility qualifications for a driving safety course in Walker County:
- You must have a valid Class C Texas Driver's License
- Your driving record, maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety, must not indicate you have successfully completed a driving safety course within the past twelve (12) months
- You cannot be currently taking a driving safety course
- You were not exceeding 24 miles or more over the posted speed limit at the time of the offense
If you were charged with the following offenses you DO NOT qualify for dismissal of your offense by means of a driving Safety Course:
- Passing a school bus
- Fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer
- Accident involving damage to vehicle
- Duty to give information and render aid
- Serious traffic violation which concerns a commercial motor vehicle
Instructions to request driving safety course in Walker County:
- Your request for the driving safety course must be submitted to the Court in written form. Along with your request, you will need to include a copy of your citation. Send only the written request and copy of citation at this time.
- Your request and copy of citation must be mailed with a postal mark dated on or before your appearance date. If the postal mark is dated after the appearance date your request will be denied.
You should receive further instructions from the Court within seven to ten days (7-10) after your request is mailed to this court. If not, it will be your responsibility to contact the Court requesting the status of your request. DO NOT take the driving safety course until you have received permission from the Walker County Court.
Second, register for our Texas Defensive Driving course. Make sure it is the person who got the traffic ticket that registers, not another family member or friend, as this will also be the name on the Certificate of Completion.
Third, order your Certified Texas Driving Record, which all Texas courts will require in addition to your Certificate of Completion.
Once you've registered, you can begin the Texas Defensive Driving course. Log in and out as much as you like, the test will pick back up where you left off, however the course must be completed within three months of registering. The course is user-friendly and section quizzes can be taken multiple times. The American Safety Council also provides 24/7 customer assistance via live chat and email.
After you've completed the easy and painless course, we will process your Certificate of Completion the same day. The certificate will be mailed to the address you supplied at login, so it is very important that you provide a valid address. Failure to do so can result in your ticket not getting dismissed, even if you have completed the course.
Once you have received both the Certificate of Completion and your Certified Texas Driving Record, submit them to the Walker County Court, per their instruction.
Defensive Driving CourseRegister Now!
Available in Spanish
Driver Education Adult Driver Ed
For Ages 18-24 Defensive Driving
for Driver Safety
Popular Texas Cities
- Select City
- Amarillo Defensive Driving
- Arlington Defensive Driving
- Austin Defensive Driving
- Brownsville Defensive Driving
- Corpus Christi Defensive Driving
- Dallas Defensive Driving
- Denton Defensive Driving
- El Paso Defensive Driving
- Frisco Defensive Driving
- Fort Worth Defensive Driving
- Garland Defensive Driving
- Houston Defensive Driving
- Irving Defensive Driving
- Killeen Defensive Driving
- Laredo Defensive Driving
- Lubbock Defensive Driving
- McKinney Defensive Driving
- Mesquite Defensive Driving
- Midland Defensive Driving
- Pasadena Defensive Driving
- Plano Defensive Driving
- San Antonio Defensive Driving
- Waco Defensive Driving
- Approved Online Training
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Log On and Off As Needed