Parker County Defensive Driving
If you've recently received a ticket in Parker County, whether in Weatherford, Aledo, Reno, or another city, you may be able to have it dismissed by taking a defensive driving course (which is also referred to as a driving safety course). Here's what you need to know and how to start the process:
First, make sure you are eligible to have the ticket dismissed. It is up to the Parker County Court to determine whether you can take a defensive driving course/driver safety course to dismiss your ticket. You must contact the Court to ask if your ticket is eligible for dismissal. A driving safety course deferral may dismiss some violations. The Parker County Court affidavit must be completed, signed, and notarized to make this request. You will be responsible to pay for your course and to obtain your driving record.
If the Court approves you to take a course, you are eligible to take our 100% online, easy and simple Texas Defensive Driving course.
To be eligible for ticket dismissal via a driving safety course in Parker County, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must request the course on or before your answer date either in person or by certified mail
- You must hold a valid Texas Driver's License or be an active duty military or a spouse or dependent of active duty military member
- You must not hold a Commercial Driver's License
- You must not have taken a driver safety course in the last year nor be presently enrolled in a course to have a traffic citation dismissed.
- You must not have been going more than 24 mph over the posted speed limit
- You must have proof of financial responsibility (liability insurance)
- You will need to enter a plea of guilty or no contest to your charge and request the safety course deferral.
- You will need to pay a fine (via cashier's check or money order) for $117.00 ($142.00 if in school zone)
- You must pay a fee to the driving safety class you choose and self-enroll in a state-certified safety course designed for your violation.
You can register for our Texas Defensive Driving course. Make sure it is the person who got the traffic ticket that registers, not another family member or friend, as this will also be the name on the Certificate of Completion.
Then you should order your Certified Texas Driving Record, which all Texas courts will require in addition to your Certificate of Completion.
Once you've registered, you can begin our Texas Defensive Driving course. Log in and out as much as you like, the test will pick back up where you left off, however the course must be completed within three months of registering. The course is user-friendly and section quizzes can be taken multiple times. The American Safety Council also provides 24/7 customer assistance via live chat and email.
After you've completed the easy and painless course, we will process your Certificate of Completion the same day. The certificate will be mailed to the address you supplied at login, so it is very important that you provide a valid address. Failure to do so can result in your ticket not getting dismissed, even if you have completed the course.
Once you have received both the Certificate of Completion and your Certified Texas Driving Record, submit them to the Parker County Court, per their instruction.
Defensive Driving CourseRegister Now!
Available in Spanish
Driver Education Adult Driver Ed
For Ages 18-24 Defensive Driving
for Driver Safety
Popular Texas Cities
- Select City
- Amarillo Defensive Driving
- Arlington Defensive Driving
- Austin Defensive Driving
- Brownsville Defensive Driving
- Corpus Christi Defensive Driving
- Dallas Defensive Driving
- Denton Defensive Driving
- El Paso Defensive Driving
- Frisco Defensive Driving
- Fort Worth Defensive Driving
- Garland Defensive Driving
- Houston Defensive Driving
- Irving Defensive Driving
- Killeen Defensive Driving
- Laredo Defensive Driving
- Lubbock Defensive Driving
- McKinney Defensive Driving
- Mesquite Defensive Driving
- Midland Defensive Driving
- Pasadena Defensive Driving
- Plano Defensive Driving
- San Antonio Defensive Driving
- Waco Defensive Driving
- Approved Online Training
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Log On and Off As Needed