Ellis County Defensive Driving
If you've recently received a ticket in Ellis County, whether in Midlothian, Waxahachie, Ennis, or another city, you may be able to have it dismissed by taking a Texas Defensive Driving course (which is also referred to as a driving safety course). Here's what you need to know and how to start the process:
First, make sure you are eligible to have the ticket dismissed. It is up to the Ellis County Court to determine whether you can take a defensive driving course/driver safety course to dismiss the ticket. You must contact the Court to ask if your ticket is eligible for dismissal. If the court approves you to take a course — the Ellis County request form can be found here — then you are eligible to take our 100% online, easy and simple Texas Defensive Driving course.
A driving safety course (also referred to as a defensive driving course) may dismiss some tickets in Ellis County if the following apply:
- You request the driving safety course on or before the answer date, either in person or by mail
- You hold a valid Texas driver's license — not a CDL driver's license
- You have not taken a driving safety course in the past 12 months nor are currently enrolled in one for ticket dismissal
- You were not going more than 24 mph over the posted speed limit or not going more than 19 mph over posted speed limit in a 75 mph zone
- You have proof of financial responsibility/liability insurance
- You are on active military duty
The driving safety course court fee in Ellis County is $115.00.
Second, register for our Texas Defensive Driving course. Make sure it is the person who got the traffic ticket that registers, not another family member or friend, as this will also be the name on the Certificate of Completion.
Third, order your Certified Texas Driving Record, which all Texas courts will require in addition to your Certificate of Completion.
Once you've registered, you can begin the Texas Defensive Driving course. Log in and out as much as you like, the test will pick back up where you left off, however the course must be completed within three months of registering. The course is user-friendly and section quizzes can be taken multiple times. The American Safety Council also provides 24/7 customer assistance via live chat and email.
After you've completed the easy and painless course, we will process your Certificate of Completion the same day. The certificate will be mailed to the address you supplied at login, so it is very important that you provide a valid address. Failure to do so can result in your ticket not getting dismissed, even if you have completed the course.
Once you have received both the Certificate of Completion and your Certified Texas Driving Record, submit them to the Ellis County Court per their instruction.
Defensive Driving CourseRegister Now!
Available in Spanish
Driver Education Adult Driver Ed
For Ages 18-24 Defensive Driving
for Driver Safety
Popular Texas Cities
- Select City
- Amarillo Defensive Driving
- Arlington Defensive Driving
- Austin Defensive Driving
- Brownsville Defensive Driving
- Corpus Christi Defensive Driving
- Dallas Defensive Driving
- Denton Defensive Driving
- El Paso Defensive Driving
- Frisco Defensive Driving
- Fort Worth Defensive Driving
- Garland Defensive Driving
- Houston Defensive Driving
- Irving Defensive Driving
- Killeen Defensive Driving
- Laredo Defensive Driving
- Lubbock Defensive Driving
- McKinney Defensive Driving
- Mesquite Defensive Driving
- Midland Defensive Driving
- Pasadena Defensive Driving
- Plano Defensive Driving
- San Antonio Defensive Driving
- Waco Defensive Driving
- Approved Online Training
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Log On and Off As Needed