Collin County Ticket Dismissal and Defensive Driving Requirements
If you found your way onto this page, you probably received a traffic citation in Plano, McKinney, Allen, Wylie, Frisco, or another city in Collin County, Texas. The bad news is that you got a ticket; the good news is that you may be able to take a Texas defensive driving course online and prevent points from being added to your license and your car insurance from rising.
As always, you may plead guilty or not guilty for the offense. Those who plead not guilty must go to court and argue their case with or without an attorney. If you plead guilty, you may pay your fine and have points accessed to your Texas driver's license or you can take a defensive driving course, pay the fine, and have no point assessed. However, if you are under 17 years old, you must appear with Court with your parents.
To qualify for a Texas defensive driving course you cannot have taken a defensive driving class within the last 12 months. Certain offenses, such as speeding 24 mph over the limit, fleeing from the police, or passing a school bus, are not eligible for the defensive driving course privilege. If you are eligible for the course, upon completion, you must show proof to the Court in order for your citation to be dismissed. To apply for a Texas defensive driving course you must:
- Call the Court and pay your defensive driving fee using a money order, check, or credit card.
- Submit proof of your driver's license, proof of insurance, and payment to the court in person or by mail.
- You must also send a completed Defensive Driving Request Affidavit
You are responsible for ensuring you take a state approved-defensive driving course, and our Texas Defensive Driving course is certified by the state.
The cost of your ticket can be determined here, where you must perform a case search.
To find the mailing address and contact information of your city, you can search by city here.
To avoid having points added to your license, take our state-approved Texas Defensive Driving course online today.
Defensive Driving CourseRegister Now!
Available in Spanish
Driver Education Adult Driver Ed
For Ages 18-24 Defensive Driving
for Driver Safety
Popular Texas Cities
- Select City
- Amarillo Defensive Driving
- Arlington Defensive Driving
- Austin Defensive Driving
- Brownsville Defensive Driving
- Corpus Christi Defensive Driving
- Dallas Defensive Driving
- Denton Defensive Driving
- El Paso Defensive Driving
- Frisco Defensive Driving
- Fort Worth Defensive Driving
- Garland Defensive Driving
- Houston Defensive Driving
- Irving Defensive Driving
- Killeen Defensive Driving
- Laredo Defensive Driving
- Lubbock Defensive Driving
- McKinney Defensive Driving
- Mesquite Defensive Driving
- Midland Defensive Driving
- Pasadena Defensive Driving
- Plano Defensive Driving
- San Antonio Defensive Driving
- Waco Defensive Driving
- Approved Online Training
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Log On and Off As Needed