Bowie County Defensive Driving
If you've recently received a ticket in Bowie County, whether in Texarkana, New Boston, or another city, you may be able to have it dismissed by taking a defensive driving course (which is also referred to as a driving safety course). Here's what you need to know and how to start the process:
First, make sure you are eligible to have the ticket dismissed. It is up to the Bowie County Court to determine whether you can take a defensive driving course/driver safety course to dismiss the ticket. You must contact the Court to ask if your ticket is eligible for dismissal. If the court approves you to take a course, you are eligible to take our 100% online, easy and simple Texas Defensive Driving course.
In Bowie County, the following criteria must apply for ticket dismissal eligibility via a driving safety course (DSC):
- You must follow these rules to request a driving safety course (DSC). Any person under the age of 25 shall be required to complete a driver's safety course pursuant to Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Article 45.051(b-1). All other person request must be made by the appearance date issued by officer.
- Your request must be made in person or in writing to the Bowie Municipal Court including payment of the state costs and administrative fees.
- Certain offenses and commercial driver's license (CDL) holders may not qualify for this option. The completion of a driving safety course is not allowed for defendants cited while operating a commercial vehicle or if they hold a commercial driver's license (CDL).
Additional Requirements/Restrictions in Bowie County:
Pursuant to Chapter 45 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, defendants may complete a driving safety course for an offense involving the operation of a motor vehicle. However, the defendant is responsible for all costs incurred for the course.
Defendants issued citations for failing to wear a seatbelt or failing to have a passenger or child in a safety seat or seatbelt may complete a seatbelt safety course in order to have a citation omitted from their driving record. All cost incurred for the course shall be paid by the defendant.
Second, register for our Texas Defensive Driving course. Make sure it is the person who got the traffic ticket that registers, not another family member or friend, as this will also be the name on the Certificate of Completion.
Third, order your Certified Texas Driving Record, which all Texas courts will require in addition to your Certificate of Completion.
Once you've registered, you can begin the Texas Defensive Driving course. Log in and out as much as you like, the test will pick back up where you left off, however the course must be completed within three months of registering. The course is user-friendly and section quizzes can be taken multiple times. The American Safety Council also provides 24/7 customer assistance via live chat and email.
After you've completed the easy and painless course, we will process your Certificate of Completion the same day. The certificate will be mailed to the address you supplied at login, so it is very important that you provide a valid address. Failure to do so can result in your ticket not getting dismissed, even if you have completed the course.
Once you have received both the Certificate of Completion and your Certified Texas Driving Record, submit them to the Bowie County Court, per their instruction.
Defensive Driving CourseRegister Now!
Available in Spanish
Driver Education Adult Driver Ed
For Ages 18-24 Defensive Driving
for Driver Safety
Popular Texas Cities
- Select City
- Amarillo Defensive Driving
- Arlington Defensive Driving
- Austin Defensive Driving
- Brownsville Defensive Driving
- Corpus Christi Defensive Driving
- Dallas Defensive Driving
- Denton Defensive Driving
- El Paso Defensive Driving
- Frisco Defensive Driving
- Fort Worth Defensive Driving
- Garland Defensive Driving
- Houston Defensive Driving
- Irving Defensive Driving
- Killeen Defensive Driving
- Laredo Defensive Driving
- Lubbock Defensive Driving
- McKinney Defensive Driving
- Mesquite Defensive Driving
- Midland Defensive Driving
- Pasadena Defensive Driving
- Plano Defensive Driving
- San Antonio Defensive Driving
- Waco Defensive Driving
- Approved Online Training
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Log On and Off As Needed