Adult Driver Education Questions
Do I need to take adult driver ed?
If you are between the ages of 18 and 24 and are looking to apply for your first Texas driver's license, then you must successfully complete adult driver education.
Is this adult driver ed approved by the state of Texas?
Yes, this course is approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR) to meet your adult driver's license requirement as stated by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Can I enroll and get started on the course before my 18th birthday?
Texas Senate Bill 1317 specifies that adult driver education is only for adults; you must be 18 years old to enroll in the course.
Can I take a Defensive Driving course instead of the Adult Driver Ed course?
Texas Defensive Driving is a driver safety course used to dismiss a traffic ticket or lower your insurance premiums. Adults between the ages of 18-25 must take an approved adult driver education course in order to get a Texas driver's license.
How long is the online adult driver ed?
This course is the required total of 6 hours.
Do I have to complete the course in one sitting?
No, the system saves your progress each time you log out so you can take the course at your own pace.
When will I get my certificate?
You will get your official driver ed certificate in the mail within 7-15 business days.
How do I apply for a Texas driver's license?
The Texas Department of Public safety requires you to present proof of successful completion of the driver education course. However, you must still take a driving skills examination test at the DPS. This is required for all drivers seeking a Texas license.
Do I have to take a written test at the DMV?
No. You will not need to complete a written test if you successfully complete our online driver education and submit proof of completion to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
What do I need to get a Texas driver license?
All first time applicants for a Texas driver's license must:
- Apply in person at your local Texas DPS
- Present documents that verify your identity.
- Present documents that verify you are a U.S. citizen or have lawful presence. All information on each document must match. Additional documentation may be required to verify conflicting information, incomplete names, and date of birth.
- Present proof of Social Security Number. If you do not have a Social Security Number, you must complete a Social Security Affidavit form available at the driver license office.
- Present proof of Texas vehicle registration and liability insurance on all vehicles you own. Complete the application for driver license or identification card (PDF). You may type your information on the form, print it, and bring it with you to the office. If you don't have a printer, the form is also available at the office.
- Consent to be photographed, fingerprinted, and provide your signature at the time of application.
- If you are between the age of 18 and 24, you must provide proof of completion of an adult driver education course Pass the written (excluded if you are 18-24 and have completed adult driver ed), driving, and vision examinations.
- Pay the required fee
- Provide a vehicle for the driving exam and present current liability insurance, Texas vehicle registration, and inspection for the vehicle.
I didn't get my certificate, what do I do?
If you did not receive your certificate within 7–15 business days, please contact us. Call us at 1-877-463-2477 or select the live-chat button at the top right of the screen. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I leave a review or resolve a complaint?
We have created a special site for our users to review their course, share their course experience or alert us to issues that might require extra support. Visit http://reviews.texasdrivingschool.com to leave your review, share a complaint or explain your problem; please make sure to leave your e-mail address if you need a response from our Quality Assurance team.
Parent-Taught Driver Education CourseRegister Now!
Adult Driver Education CourseRegister Now!
Driver Education Self-Taught
Driver Education Adult Driver Ed
For Ages 18-24 Defensive Driving
for Driver Safety
- Approved Online Training
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Log On and Off As Needed